Forex Multi Time Frame MACD Trading – High accuracy Forex GBP/USD & EUR/USD M30 technical analysis with MTF MACD system. This “MACD” indicator is still one of the most favored tools by many traders.
MACD is an extremely popular indicator used in technical analysis, can be used to identify aspects of a security’s overall trend.
Most notably these aspects are momentum, as well as trend direction and duration.
What makes MACD so informative is that it is actually the combination of two different types of indicators.
- First, MACD employs two Moving Averages of varying lengths (which are lagging indicators) to identify trend direction and duration.
- Then, MACD takes the difference in values between those two Moving Averages (MACD Line) and an EMA of those Moving Averages (Signal Line) and plots that difference between the two lines as a HISTOGRAM which oscillates above and below a center Zero Line. The histogram is used as a good indication of a security’s momentum.
This is a very easy and simple trading system.
MTF MACD is a trend following indicator and is designed to identify Multi Time Frame trend changes. It’s generally not recommended in ranging market conditions.
- Best Time Frames: M30 and H1
- Recommended Currency Pairs: GBPUSD and EURUSD are most recommended pairs but you can use the trading system for all currency pairs
- MTF MACD in Color
- Moving Average
- Hilo V2
- Signal Trend
- SEFC 05
- MTF MACD (Daily / 1440 timeframe) lime color. This is “BUY ONLY” condition
- MTF MACD (current timeframe) lime color
- Hilo V2 blue color
- SEFC 05 green color
- Signal Trend lime color bars
- MTF MACD (Daily / 1440 timeframe) red color. This is “SELL ONLY” condition
- MTF MACD (current timeframe) red color
- Hilo V2 red color
- SEFC 05 red color
- Signal Trend red color bars
The trading system works well on M30 and H1 time frames
At MetaTrader, we have MACD already included as a standard technical indicator. However, it can be used only for current timeframe.
When we are looking for a TREND, it is very desirable to have MACD showing HIGHER TIME FRAMES and the MTF MACD (Daily / 1440 timeframe) is your answer in this trading system.